The Kenya Coordinating Mechanism (KCM) mandate is to attract funds from The Global Fund for the HIV and AIDS, TB and Malaria programmes and coordinate, monitor, evaluate and support the implementation of the Global Fund grants. It is responsible for ensuring that the Global Fund proposal is country owned and implementation is country driven.
Roles of KCM
1. To coordinate the development and submission of the Country Proposal.
2. To Select one or more appropriate Principal Recipient for a Global Fund Grant
3. To oversee implementation of activities as per approved work plans and budget.
4. To evaluate the performance of the GF programmes
5. To ensure linkages and consistency between GF support and other resources
6. To ensure an all inclusive decision-making process
7. To disseminate all necessary information to a wide range of stakeholders