The Kenya Coordinating Mechanism (KCM) mandate is to attract funds from The Global Fund for the HIV and AIDS, TB and Malaria programmes and coordinate, monitor, evaluate and support the implementation of the Global Fund grants. It is responsible for ensuring that the Global Fund proposal is country owned and implementation is country driven.
Roles of KCM
1. To coordinate the submission of concept notes to the Global Fund, through a formal, transparency and documented process.
2. To Select one or more appropriate organizations(s) to serve as the Principal Recipient(s) for a Global Fund Grant through a transparent and documented process.
3. To oversee implementation of activities under the Global Fund approved programmes, including approving major changes in implementation plans of the Global Fund grants as necessary.
4. To evaluate the performance of the Global Fund programmes and the Principlal Recipients and change Principal Recipients, when necessary.
5. To ensure linkages and consistency between Global Fund assistance and other resources available in support of national HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and malaria programmes.
6. To ensure all relevant constituencies are involved in the decision making-process and provide information on the Global Fund grants, such as calls for concept notes, decisions of the KCM and detailed information on approved concept notes, to a wide range of stakeholders.